Currently British Council and Pakistani universities have 26 partnerships under the British Council’s INSPIRE Programme. British Council and HEC Pakistan are announcing a new call for proposals to develop Transnational Education Programmes to be delivered in Pakistan.
The aims of these partnerships are:
1. To establish mutually beneficial partnerships between HEIs in the UK and Pakistan.
2. To increase awareness of the UK higher education systems in Pakistan and the Pakistan HE system in UK and the opportunities for long term partnership.
3. To develop joint/dual award programmes and short course delivery at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
4. To build sustainable, long term partnerships between collaborating institutions.
5. To strengthen the skills of higer education staff in both countries in the techniques and knowledge of developing collaboratively delivered programmes including joint and dual awards
Application form and Guidance notes can be downloaded from the following link: http://www.britishcouncil.org/pakistan-inspire-institution-to-institution-strategic-partnerships.htm
Deadline to submit the application form is 31st July 2012.